Ray Williamson Jr., Certified Arborist TX-3886A
Why Hire an Arborist?The following was taken from the International Society of Arborists website.
An arborist, by definition, is an individual trained in the art and science of planting, caring for, and maintaining individual trees. Arborists are knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are trained and equipped to provide proper care. Hiring an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly.
Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Well-cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.
What Is a Certified Arborist?
Certified Arborists are individuals who have achieved a level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care through experience and by passing a comprehensive examination developed by some of the nation’s leading experts on tree care. Certified Arborists must also continue their education to maintain their certification and adhere to a Code of Ethics. Therefore, they are more likely to be up to date on the latest techniques in arboriculture.
Becoming an ISA Certified Arborist is a voluntary process through which individuals can measure their knowledge and competence required to provide proper tree care. ISA Certification is not government-sponsored or government-endorsed; it is administered by the International Society of Arboriculture as a way for tree care professionals to demonstrate their commitment to the profession and the industry.
Certification is not a measure of standards of practice. Certification can attest to the tree knowledge of an individual but cannot guarantee or ensure quality performance.
Services an Arborist can Provide
- Pruning. An arborist can determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of trees.
- Tree Removal. Although tree removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. An arborist can help decide whether a tree should be removed.
- Emergency Tree Care. An arborist can assist in performing emergency tree care in a safe manner, while reducing further risk of damage to property.
- Planting. Some arborists plant trees, and most can recommend species that are appropriate for a particular location.
- Plant Health Care. Preventive maintenance helps keep trees in good health while reducing any insect, disease, or site problems.
- Many other services. Consulting services, tree risk assessment, cabling and bracing trees, etc.
Learn more about hiring a Certified Arborist.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our satisfied customers have to say about Ray Williamson Tree Service.
We welcome your comments about our work. Go to the Comment Form on this website.
Serious inquiries only, please.